Monday, November 22, 2010

Return from the Bush

Pole sana! I have not blogged for quite some time. This is due to the difficulty of mobilizing certain resources in “da boosh.” To make up it up to you, I will blog lots in the coming weeks. Since I last wrote, I’ve embarked upon the following adventures:

  • Return trip to Zanzibar and excursion to the Usambara Mountains (Oct 2-10)
  • Field Instruction in Ecology with UDSM faculty, in Lake Manyara and Serengeti National Parks. (Oct 12 – Oct 17) Also, trips to Tarangire National Park (Oct 21-22) and Ngorongoro Crater (November 15-17)
  • Ethnographic Interviewing in a rural community near Tarangire National Park (Oct 17- Nov 13)
  • Archeology Field Instruction with UDSM faculty, at Laetoli, Olduvai Gorge, and Lake Eyasi (November 17-20)
I will try and blog about each of these this week, when I am not hung up on one of the numerous tests and exams that are rapidly coming my way. Tanzanian universities inherited the British higher ed system, so my exams are worth 60% of my grade, and our professors mark to kill. But until later, the field was great, the wanafunzi wa ACM have safely arrived in Dar, and we are attempting to re-acclimate to life in the civilized world :)

Baadaye

No comments:

Post a Comment